- 1). Turn off your cell phone and remove the battery. Underneath will be a sticker with the letters IMEI on it. Write down the 15 digit code next to it. If the sticker is missing, turn your phone on and dial *#06#. The IMEI will appear on the screen. This is also known as the international mobile equipment identification number and is what mobile phone companies use to identify your phone with.
- 2). Go to an online store that sells unlock codes. A few that you can use are FoneZone, Unlocking and GSMLiberty. (See Resources.) As of 2010, an individual unlocking code costs between $11.99 to $35.99.
- 3). Enter your IMEI number, then find your phone manufacturer and the model of the phone. Choose "Three" as your network and "Australia" as the country. Enter your payment information and a current email address.
- 4). Check your email and retrieve the unlocking code.
- 5). Turn your phone off and replace your SIM card (subscriber identity module) with one from a different network. These can be purchased from a convenience store or you can borrow one from a friend's phone. Turn your phone back on and you will get a message to "Enter Special Code."
- 6). Type in your unlock code and press "Enter." Wait for the phone to turn off and restart. Your phone is now unlocked, and you will be able to use it on any network.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us