- 1). Measure your waist with a measuring tape to determine your waist circumference. Multiply your waist measurement by three to determine the correct length for your belt.
- 2). Cut two 3-inch wide pieces of fabric using a pair of scissors. Make the fabric pieces the length you need according to your waist measurement.
- 3). Pin the pieces of fabric together with the wrong sides of the fabric facing out. Place pins every 2 inches around the outer edges until you secure each side.
- 4). Thread your sewing machine and bobbin with thread matching the color of the fabric. Begin sewing around the fabric at the end of one long side, using a one-half-inch seam allowance. Remove pins as you reach them.
- 5). Continue sewing until both long sides and one short end have been sewn together.
Remove the fabric from the sewing machine. Turn the fabric inside out so the right sides are facing out.
- 6). Sew the remaining short end. Trim the end of the belt as close to the seam as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time