- 1). Wipe the exterior surface of both cast iron pipes entering the joint with a clean rag. Use multiple rags if the pipes are excessively dirty.
- 2). Turn the hex head screw of each stainless steel band surrounding a hubless rubber coupling with a 5/16-inch inch-pound torque wrench set to its counterclockwise position. Stop loosening the screws when they move easily in their recessed grooves.
- 3). Push the hubless coupling over the cleaned end of a cast iron pipe. Stop pushing when you feel the interior coupling flange meet the end of the pipe. Push the cleaned end of the second cast iron pipe into the open end of the coupling. Stop pushing when you feel the second pipe meet the coupling flange.
- 4). Set the direction of the inch-pound torque wrench to tighten -- clockwise. Tighten each hex head screw until the wrench “clicks," signifying the screw is torqued correctly.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us