- Businesses in the Yellow Pages
Businesses are alphabetized under subject categories. Each business typically has its name, address and phone number printed in black text.
- Ads ranging from a column-inch to a full-page direct the reader's attention to specific businesses. These ads can feature full-color art and different fonts.
- Distributed with the Yellow Pages and also issued by the phone company, a White Pages directory shows residential listings alphabetized by last name.
- The term "Yellow Pages" is now used to refer to any directory of business phone numbers, no matter the format. For example, the "Internet Yellow Pages" is accessible only on the Internet.
- These directories are distributed free to residences and businesses within the phone company's service area.