- 1). Measure the horizontal distance across the window using the tape measure. This measurement will tell you how long the rods need to be.
- 2). Mark the spot where you will install the hardware for both curtain rods on the wall by making a small dent, using a screw. The curtain rod that the curtain will be placed on should be hung directly above the window, while the rod for the valance should be several inches higher depending on the length of the valance.
- 3). Install the hardware for both curtain rods by lining the holes of the hardware up with the dents you created. Screw the hardware into place by twisting the screwdriver clockwise to tighten the screws.
- 4). Thread the curtains onto one of the cafe-style curtain rods. If the curtains have a folded seam along the top, insert one end of the rod through the opening on the curtain and slide the fabric across. If the curtains have tab tops, thread the rod through each of the folded tabs.
- 5). Attach the rod with the curtains onto its corresponding hardware by pushing the ends of the rod onto the curved edges of the hardware.
- 6). Thread the valance onto the other rod by pushing one end of the rod through the opening in the folded seam along to top. Push the rod all the way through until all of the fabric is on the rod.
- 7). Attach the rod with the curtains onto its corresponding hardware by pushing the ends of the rod onto the curved edges of the hardware.
- 8). Adjust the bunching on the valance, using your hands, until you are pleased with the way the fabric is gathered.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us