- 1). Lock your car's doors every time you exit the vehicle, regardless of where you're parked.
- 2). Roll up all the car's windows before exiting the vehicle. Leaving a window cracked allows a passerby to slip something into the window and unlock your car door.
- 3). Take your keys with you when exiting the vehicle. Never leave the keys on a seat or in the ignition while your vehicle is unattended. It doesn't matter if you are just running into the gas station or dropping off a package at the post office. Leaving keys in your car is an open invitation for someone to hop in and drive off.
- 4). Install a car alarm on your car that comes equipped with a GPS program. If your vehicle is ever taken without your knowledge, you can simply contact your local authorities and tell them you have a GPS tracking system in the vehicle. This will help them find the car more quickly.
- 5). Purchase a steering wheel lock such as the Club. This is a solid steel bar which locks the steering wheel in place, making it impossible to drive the vehicle. Attach it after you park.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time