Remove the Mold from Wood
- 1). Put on a pair of rubber gloves to prevent skin irritation.
- 2). Fill a bucket with 1 gallon of water and 1 cup of bleach. Mix the contents together with a wooden spoon. Alternatively, use undiluted white vinegar to kill mold without the use of harsh chemicals.
- 3). Saturate a cloth in the mixture. Scrub the mold off the wood with the cloth. Continue scrubbing the wood with the cloth until you have removed all traces of the mold.
- 4). Wipe the wood clean with a damp cloth and dry with a towel.
Remove Mold Smell from Wood
- 1). Saturate a clean cloth in white vinegar. Wipe the wood down with saturated cloth. Allow the vinegar to air dry on the wood. Repeat the process until the odor is gone.
- 2). Fill a small bowl with vanilla. Saturate a sponge with the vanilla. Wipe the wood with the vanilla-saturated sponge. Allow the vanilla to air dry on the wood.
- 3). Place charcoal briquettes in or on wood cabinets, shelves and other musty-smelling wood items.
- 4). Scrunch newspapers up into balls and place them in wood items. The newspapers will absorb odors.