Why? The prices are exorbitant.
Everyone wants great decor at home or in the office.
The whole reason to buy modern contemporary art is that it is an original, a unique - not an overpriced million-of-a-kind poster in an overpriced matte and an overpriced frame.
Even large businesses that purchase corporate art consider price when they look at abstract paintings.
Corporate art collections show a great affinity for non objective paintings.
Why is that? Because they can get unbelievably vivid and original works for a better price than trying to bid on a Mondrian or a Chagall at Christie's.
The best part of buying modern art is that contemporary artists are alive, produce abstract paintings that reflect our modern art world, and these abstract artists are affordable! The experienced individual who buys art, whether for a private or a corporate collection knows this.
Of course even corporations want very good quality art for the best price available.
You can use the same valuable methods to purchase art as the experienced art buyers use with this Top Ten 10 Best Ways To Buy Art: Purchase Abstract Paintings From A Modern Contemporary Artist.
1) First, do a serious search of available art in local galleries, talk to gallerists, try to meet the artists who exhibit there.
This provides you with lots of basic information as you begin to shop for your purchase of contemporary art.
2) Visit the library, not to review the classics, but to look at books on contemporary modern art.
Note the names of the modern artists that you are attracted to.
Are their abstract paintings to your liking? If not move on.
You will eventually find the paintings that work for your needs.
3) Look on the internet.
Search for abstract paintings, nonobjective paintings, modern, contemporary art to buy.
You will find some good websites on the search results pages.
My favorite search engines for art are Google and Yahoo.
4) Ask family and friends about art work for the home.
You can ask associates and neighboring businesses for ideas on sources to make your shopping easier.
5) Attend auctions, even benefit auctions to find good deals of the kind of works that suit your decor and other needs.
Concern with size, color, general feeling tone of the art is an important consideration, as is price.
6) After you have three or four artists who have works that are within your price range you should contact them personally.
Some artists with contractual arrangements will refer you to a broker or gallery that handles their business.
If you are referred to a broker or gallery then these paintings and sculptures will cost considerably more, sometimes 300 to 400 % more, because the broker or gallery must pay overhead and make a substantial profit.
7) Once you have contacted the artist just let the artist know that you are interested in purchasing some of their original paintings, not giclee's or prints.
Offer to negotiate for more than one piece of art, or to purchase more than one painting created for you by commission.
8) If the artist has a website this can be handled by email.
You may want to see the artist's works and talk to the artist in person or by telephone before buying anything - and that is a good idea.
One example of a good website is Abstract Painting by Brad Bannister.
If you see works you like mention them.
Websites should show the title and media of the painting as well as size and price.
9) If you see prices that you like then you will have no problem buying these unique nonobjective paintings for abstract art in your decor.
However, prices can be negotiated downward, especially for buying more than one painting.
10) You can request and usually get a discount, but don't expect to get anything much over 50% off.
There are reasons for this.
First of all art materials and supplies are very expensive in recent years.
Frames have gone up astronomically, so gallery wrapping the canvas is usually less expensive, yet even the very most expensive galleries sell gallery wrapped paintings.
Also the artist must store the art and advertise it etc.
There you have The Top Ten 10 Best Ways To Buy Art: Purchase Abstract Paintings From A Modern Contemporary Artist.
When you see what other people are paying for good non objective art you will be glad you have read this article.