- 1). Choose an online photo sharing site. Popular websites include Flickr, Google Picasa, Photobucket, and, for professional photographers, Smugmug.
- 2). Create an account with an online photo sharing website. Online photo sharing websites have limited storage for free accounts (for Flickr 100 mb and Google Picasa 1 gb). You may increase storage capacity, however, a monthly fee will be charged. Check the website's help and FAQ sections for details.
- 3). Insert the photo storage device (flash drive, CD or digital camera memory card) into the computer. An icon will appear on your computer desktop or in the start button My Computer system folder.
- 4). Import or upload the photos to your online photo sharing account. On your photo sharing account, depending on the photo sharing website chosen, an upload, share or similar text link is part of your account's homepage. Click on the upload or share text link. Follow the prompts used by the online photo sharing website to post your photos.
- 5). Link, send and share photos. A web link includes the http:// found in a browser's address bar. For example, Flickr's web link to the home page is http://www.flickr.com/. Users can cut and paste a web link to send photos for others to view. Online sharing sites allow users to import contacts from their email accounts. Once imported, users can send photos to contacts. Each contact is given a level such as family, friend or contact, or a created group (i.e. vendor).
- 6). Apply viewing restrictions. Online photo websites offer users' different options on how their work is shared. Options include public, private or group. The public option shares photos with everyone; private shares photos with only the people given user permission; and group(s) are names categorized by the user to share certain photos with select individuals.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Real Estate Auctioneers Sydney Discuss Advantages for Buyers and Sellers
- The Refreshing Fragrance of Giorgio Armani
- How Long Can A Trade In Forex Last
- What is Preselling Affiliate Products and Why Should You Care?
- Running a Successful EBook Business
- Clients Are Confident In The Results Of A Marine Accident Investigation Performed By STA
- Small Business Investment Act
- How To Negotiate A Flexible Work Schedule
- Staying Entertained on Owner Driver Jobs
- Online Stock Trading - Research and Limit
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us