Different Types of UK Home Insurance

103 76
If you own a home, then you probably know how important insurance is.
If you are a new home buyer then you probably need to be educated ahead of time.
Many people believe that a home is much cheaper than a flat, but you will still need to pay a number of monthly fees including insurance.
Although insurance is recommended it is not necessarily mandatory, the only exception to this is if insurance is required by mortgage providers, however it is still well worth the investment and there are a number of different insurance types that you can invest in.
That being said, let's talk a bit about those types so that you can determine which one suits you and your home best.
Home Contents Insurance is the most common type of home cover and it will cover all of your household goods.
These can include your furniture, the items in your kitchen, frozen foods, clothing, electronics and a number of other items.
There is a specific amount of money that can be claimed after a disaster or robbery, for any one item which is why you'll need to ensure that you have sufficient insurance to cover the value of the total sum of your possessions.
Keep in mind that home contents insurance will not cover any fixtures or lights, but there are higher levels of insurance that you can look into if you want a higher level of cover.
House or Buildings Insurance is yet another policy that you might want to look into.
This type of insurance will actually provide cover for the value of your house in the event of a disaster.
There are many disasters that can occur, especially when it comes to a home.
You may find yourself the victim of a fire, or you might even be in the path of a flood.
Whatever it happens to be, you need to know that you are fully covered with sufficient insurance.
Tenant Home Insurance is a type of insurance for those who rent properties rather than buying them.
Tenant insurance is akin to the American's 'renters insurance' and will cover any damage caused to a structure due to vandalism, theft or a fire.
There are some companies that will cover more and if you are planning to rent a property you will need to speak to the insurance company to find out how you are covered.
Take note that many landlords will require you to have renter's tenant home insurance before you actually rent a property, making it that much more important for you to find decent insurance policy which provides adequate coverage.
These are a few of the different types of insurance that you can take out on a property.
Remember that there are several more and you will need to speak with your insurance company to see what types of home insurance policies they offer and what adjustments they can make for you to suit your individual insurance needs.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.