- 1). Turn off the water at the water supply shutoff valve. Open the lowest faucet in the home to drain the water.
- 2). Mark the copper tube 3 inches away from the pitted section on each side, using a tape measure and black marker. Place the tube in the jaws of a tubing cutter, tightening the cutter's circular blade to one of the marks. Rotate the cutter twice around the tube by hand, and tighten the cutter again. Rotate the cutter twice more. Repeat this process until the tube is cut through. Cut the tube at the other mark, following the same process.
- 3). Measure between the two copper tube cuts with the tape measure, and cut a new section of copper tubing to the same length using the tubing cutter.
- 4). Sand around the outside ends of the new copper tube section, as well as the outside ends of the existing tube cuts using 120-grit emery cloth. Push a circular wire brush into both ends of two copper couplings, turning the brush several times.
- 5). Brush a thin layer of soldering paste, called flux, onto all sanded ends of the tubes, as well as the inside walls of the two couplings. Push the couplings onto both ends of the new copper tube section, and squeeze this section and couplings between the existing cut copper tube ends.
- 6). Unroll 8 inches of solder from its spool, and turn on a propane torch. Apply heat all around one of the coupling's two seams where the copper tube enters into the coupling. Touch the heated seam with the tip of the solder. If thee solder melts, apply solder all around the seam. Wipe off any excess solder and flux residue from the seam with a rag. Solder the coupling's remaining seam, as well as the other coupling's two seams by following the same process.
- 7). Wait for the copper tubes to cool, and turn on the water at the water supply shutoff valve.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Tell a Guy You Like Him - 4 Tips to Say I Love You to Your Man
- Be Responsible For Your Online Dating Security On Afroromance
- How to Give Her the Greatest Orgasm Ever! An Absolute Must Know For Every Man
- How to Get Your Man Back and Keep Him Devoted to You for Good
- Dating - The Psychology Behind Dating Younger Women
- How To Give Your Girl Multiple Orgasms Tonight! Be The Best She Has Ever Had!
- Don"t Let Your Relationship Be a Boring One
- How to Use Herbs to Increase Sexual Satisfaction
- The Need for Netiquette When Connecting With People
- Why Online Dating is For Everyone - Online Dating Tips
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us