- 1). Choose a shielded RG6 coaxial cable for installing between the DirectTV dish and your primary television tuner.
- 2). Connect a ground block outside of the home to a part of the house that is grounded in between the TV dish and the inside of the home.
- 3). Twist a #10 copper wire around the grounding terminal screw of the grounding block and connect it to the house ground point. The wire should be clamped at both connections.Then, run the coaxial cable from the dish output terminals to the external antenna. Then, run coaxial cable from the cable box to the approximate location of the computer.
- 4). Reset your DirectTV box and view any DirectTV channel to op-test your cable installation.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us