The traditional preparation of couscous involves many laborious processes and is very time-consuming. However, there are already several brands of instant couscous that only need to be boiled in water or stock before being eaten, for more details visit to www.chicken-wing-cookbook.com not unlike pasta. Being low in fat, its a healthy alternative to rice. Below are ways on how to cook couscous.
For cooking plain couscous:
1) Mix 1 part of uncooked instant couscous to 1 part of water or chicken stock in a large pot.
2) Boil the mixture until it barely comes to a boil and turn off the heat immediately.
3) Let it sit for 5 minutes and its ready to serve!
If you want more flavors to your couscous, youll have to know how to cook couscous with olive oil.
1) Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan under low heat for around 5 minutes.
2) Add 1 cup of couscous and some salt
3) Stir the pan for 3 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
4) Pour 1 cup of water, cover the pan and turn off the heat.
5) Let it sit for 5 minutes.
It is important to remember that you have to fluff your couscous with a fork after cooking. They are always serving with toppings, for more details visit to www.300-dip-recipes.com such as meat, vegetables or fruits. Some are also added into stews. For those who prefer simple meals, you can add boiled chicken. Below are ways on how to boil chicken.
1) Choose your chicken carefully. If possible, dont buy frozen and wrapped chicken. Those will take hours to thaw. Its better to buy chicken which have already been cleaned and cut.
2) Place the chicken in a large pot and pour cold water until the chicken is submerged.
3) Put it on high heat and cover. Wait until it comes to a boil.
4) Once it starts to boil, immediately lower the heat. Let the chicken sit until it is cooked. That depends on the size of your chicken. Whole chicken takes longer than chicken parts.
5) To know it is done, use a meat thermometer and poke it into the thickest part of the chicken. It should read around 180 degrees.
Once your chicken is boiled, shred the meat from the bones and serve it with the couscous. Boiled chicken is a healthy topping to add to your couscous, since it uses no oil. So, once you know how to cook couscous and how to boil chicken, youll have no problem cooking a meal that is not only nutritious, but also delicious.