- 1). Pour an inch of water into the pot and bring it to just a simmer.
- 2). Place the bowl into the pot. There should be 2 inches of clearance between the bottoms of the pot and the bowl.
Place the chocolate and shortening in the bowl, and completely melt them together. Stir the chocolate constantly and make sure the water doesn't come to a boil.
- 3). Pour the melted chocolate onto the back of the cookie sheet and place it in the fridge until it firms up enough to work with. It should still be somewhat soft, and not stiff enough to snap.
- 4). Use a spatula or knife to make the curls. Hold the utensil at a 45 degree angle on top of the chocolate, and push the utensil away from you, scraping up the chocolate as you push. If it's too stiff to work, let it come to room temperature. If it's too soft, place it back in the fridge for a few minutes.
- 5). Transfer your curls carefully to your dessert or store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time