- 1). Wash jars in hot soapy water and rinse. Place them on a rack in the sink and pour boiling water in and over each jar. Drain. Keep the jars hot by transferring them to a cookie tray and placing it in a 200-degree F oven.
- 2). Prepare the lids by placing them in a saucepan of gently boiling water.
- 3). Place the peaches in a colander and rinse them under cool running water. Cut the peaches in half, then remove and discard the pits. Place the fruit in a food processor and process for 35 to 45 seconds until it is quite smooth.
- 4). Measure the crushed peaches into a 6- or 8-qt. pot. Stir sugar and lemon juice into the fruit and mix well. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- 5). Add fruit pectin and return to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- 6). Remove the jam from the heat and skim off and discard any foam using a metal spoon. Ladle the jam into a liquid measuring cup and fill the jars immediately to within 1/8 inch of the tops.
- 7). Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
- 8). Remove the jar lids from boiling water using tongs and place them on a paper towel. Wipe them dry.
- 9). Place the lids on the jars and screw them on tightly. Invert the jars for 5 minutes, then turn them upright.
Check the seals after 1 hour to make sure the lids are curving down.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time