Augsburg College Description:
Augsburg College sits on an enviable piece of real estate in downtown Minneapolis. Murphy Square, the oldest park in the city, is at the heart of campus, and theater, public transportation, and the Mississippi River are all a short walk away. Augsburg is a master's level institution affiliated with the Evangelical Luthering Church in America. The school offers day classes for traditional college students, and evening and weekend classes for adult and working students.
Students come from 43 states and 26 countries. Augsburg has a 15 to 1 student / faculty ratio. The college does well in rankings of Midwest colleges. In athletics, the Augsburg Auggies compete in the NCAA Division III Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference(MIAC).
Will You Get In?
Calculate Your Chances of Getting In with this free tool from Cappex
Admissions Data (2014):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 68%
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 3,554 (2,716 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 45% Male / 55% Female
- 75% Full-time
Costs (2014 - 15):
- Tuition and Fees: $34,431
- Books: $1,200 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $9,106
- Other Expenses: $2,500
- Total Cost: $47,237
Augsburg College Financial Aid (2013 - 14):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 100%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 99%
- Loans: 80%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $26,554
- Loans: $10,784
Scholarships for Augsburg College (powered by Cappex.com)
- $1,000 Easy College Money Scholarship (no essay!)
- Get matched with private scholarships to help pay for Augsburg
Most Popular Majors:
Accounting, Business Administration, Communication Studies, Elementary Education, English, Marketing, Nursing, Psychology
Transfer, Retention and Graduation Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 82%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 47%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 63%
National Center for Educational Statistics
Augsburg and the Common Application
Augsburg College uses the Common Application. These articles can help guide you:
- Common Application essay tips and samples
- Short answer tips and samples
- Supplemental essay tips and samples
More Minnesota Colleges - Information and Admissions Data:
Augsburg | Bethel | Carleton | Concordia College Moorhead | Concordia University Saint Paul | Crown | Gustavus Adolphus | Hamline | Macalester | Minnesota State Mankato | North Central | Northwestern College | Saint Benedict | St. Catherine | Saint John's | Saint Mary's | St. Olaf | St. Scholastica | St. Thomas | UM Crookston | UM Duluth | UM Morris | UM Twin Cities | Winona State
Augsburg College Mission Statement:
mission statement from http://www.augsburg.edu/about/mission.html
"Augsburg College educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders.
The Augsburg experience is supported by an engaged community that is committed to intentional diversity in its life and work. An Augsburg education is defined by excellence in the liberal arts and professional studies, guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran church, and shaped by its urban and global settings."
Augsburg College profile last updated July 2015.