- Adding speakers improves the quality of your home theater experience.TV image by Ilija Mitrevski from Fotolia.com
Purchasing new speakers for your home audio system requires some research to make sure that you are buying speakers that fit your home audio needs. The Polk Monitor 50 is a two-way, floor standing loudspeaker that could improve the look and sound of your home theater system at a reasonable price.
- To handle high frequency audio sounds, the Polk Monitor 50 features a 1-inch, fabric/polymer composite dynamic balance dome tweeter. The dome tweeter uses a neodymium magnet structure that provides a detailed high frequency response allowing for a quality reproduction of vocal and instrument sounds.
- The main speaker on the Polk Monitor 50 is the 5 1/4-inch, bi-laminate composite dynamic balance driver. The driver speakers are lightweight and feature damping for efficiency and quality reproduction of bass with minimal distortion.
- The Polk Monitor 50 also comes with a magnetic shield. The magnetic shield allows you to safely place the speaker near TVs and other monitors without creating video distortion. Many speakers do not have this magnetic shield and can alter the image on a TV or monitor.
- The Polk Monitor 50 takes up less than 1 square foot of space. This small size allows this speaker to work well in almost any living environment. The speaker also comes with either a black or cherry wood finish that makes it a classy addition to any home theater setup as well.
- The Polk Monitor 50 features a frequency response range of 42 Hz to 25 kHz. This large response range allows the speakers to accurately reproduce sounds at all frequency levels.