- 1). Hook the Cat5 cable up to the security camera's power source and then place the cable in a crawlspace or remove a ceiling tile and place it in the opening. Cat5 cable usually comes on a roll or spool to be unrolled easily.
- 2). Unroll the spool through the attic or crawlspace, stopping in the area where the cameras will be mounted outside. Look for pre-existing holes or openings near the eaves of the building adjacent to where the cameras will be placed. This will prevent you from having to drill holes to run your cable outside.
- 3). Cut the cable with wire cutters, allowing for enough length to easily pass through the hole to the camera mounting area. An extra foot of cable is good to ensure that you won't cut it too short and that you'll have room to work.
- 4). Attach the cable to the camera per the manufacturer's instructions, and tuck any excess cable back into the hole for a neat appearance. Turn your security system on to test for proper installation.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Indoor Paintball Games
- How to Stop Coming Over the Top in the Golf Swing
- Fun Math Board Games
- An Appreciation of Lynn Mctaggart, the Field and the Intention Experiment
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider Anniversary Cheats
- Groove Your Golf Swing the Easy Way - With the Medicus Driver!
- Quechua Tents: For the Camping Pro or the Beginner
- Triathlon Training For Beginners - Dispelling Popular Training Strategies
- Five Features Make Online Bingo Popular!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us