- 1). Decide what kind of chess pieces you want to make (traditional, figurine, abstract, etc.) Find a source image to refer to while modeling your pieces.
- 2). Cover a table with wax paper to protect it. Begin with one type, such as pawns, to begin modeling out of the oven bake clay. Refer to your source image for guidance. For example, if you are building fantasy chess pieces, perhaps the pawns are small goblin creatures and the knights are unicorns.
- 3). Shape and detail the pieces with the toothpicks and craft sticks. Mist the clay with the spray bottle if it begins to become hard to work with.
- 4). Build 16 pawns, 4 rooks, 4 bishops, 4 knights, 2 kings and 2 queens out of clay. Place moist, finished pieces on a flat cookie sheet evenly spaced out.
- 5). Preheat oven to the specifications listed on the package of clay. Bake the pieces for the amount of time listed on package.
- 6). Allow to cool for a few hours. Paint the pieces to your liking using the paints and paintbrushes.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us