- 1). Cover the pancetta with water in a skillet and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and wipe out the pan.
- 2). Cut the pancetta into 1/2-inch pieces and return them to the skillet. Cover over moderately low heat, stirring until the pancetta is browned, about 15 minutes. Add the ham and cook for 1 minute.
- 3). Transfer the meat to a plate using a slotted spoon. Stir in the paprika, cumin and anise seeds.
- 4). Cut the potatoes into 2-inch portions. Put the potatoes along with 1 1/2 cups of water to the skillet. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 5). Remove the potatoes and mash them. Stir in three-quarters of the meat. Garnish with the remaining meat and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time