- 1). Tear off a large sheet of aluminum foil and lay it flat. Make sure the foil is large enough to wrap around the salami completely.
- 2). Arrange the sliced salami in the center of the aluminum foil. Stack the slices of salami 2 to 3 inches high, if necessary.
- 3). Pull the top and bottom edges of the aluminum foil together over the top of the sliced salami and fold the edges together several times until the aluminum foil folds down flat on top of the salami snugly.
- 4). Turn the salami package over. Fold each open end of foil several times to secure the edges and make the package airtight.
- 5). Insert the wrapped salami into the plastic freezer bag. Close the freezer bag approximately three-quarters closed and squeeze it to remove as much air as possible before zipping the bag closed completely.
- 6). Record the date and contents on the freezer bag with the permanent marker.
- 7). Freeze the sliced salami for up to two months.
- 8). Remove the salami from the freezer and thaw it in the refrigerator overnight -- approximately eight hours.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time