Understand your requirement:
Whether you are a medical practitioner looking for advanced and sophisticated medical transcription or a business that may want to hire a vendor for market research project underway, you need a transcription service that fits your need. Do you always need to opt for a specialist? Or can a general transcription service provider fit the bill as well? You need to understand what you want before you start exhaustive online research. You must be clear about certain details. Here are primary criteria to weigh your company and project for this particular requirement.
1) Specialization and type of project
3) Expected turnaround time
4) Online or local service
Specialization and type of project will let you know whether you need undivided attention of best and brightest medical transcription professionals or a small company with a personal touch can get the job done. Urgency of your project will decide amount of time you can invest in research, selection and free trials.
Understand transcription services:
If your project is a considerably sized and crucial one, every minute spent in a targeted selection of right company can be well worth it. You don't always need the largest transcription company in USA or the best transcription service in Illinois. Here is what you need to look for.
1) Specialization: Two types of services are available today. There are specialized ones and general ones that cater to primary transcription sectors like academic, business, conference, market research, journalist, and legal transcription services. Choose right one from bunch.
2) Turnaround time: Reliable transcription offer flexible turnaround times to match your needs. Whether you want it STAT or you have a specific deadline, flexibility of service is very important.
3) Industry compliance: This is applicable to medical transcriptions. You need to confirm that the transcription company is 100% HIPPA compliant.
4) Quality staff: Emphasis on quality professionals is an understatement. There is just no good alternative to quality professionals. You might want to contact prospective companies and seek clarification on it.
So, select the best transcription service with great reviews and testimonials or take a chance on new one. Right service is supposed to offer accurate output in predetermined timeframe.