- 1). Choose corduroy fabric from which to make your squares. This can be from outgrown children's clothing or adult clothing, or even remnants from a sewing shop. If the quilt is meant for a child, having the quilt made from the child's outgrown child might add a personal touch the child would appreciate.
- 2). Pick out a background for the corduroy quilt. The background should be something that could compliment but not overwhelm the fabric you have chosen for the squares. You should also decide on the size of the quilt and acquire background fabric that will be big enough for the quilt you wish to create.
- 3). Get the other supplies you need, such as batting for the quilt, thread and other supplies.
- 4). Start preparing the fabric squares for the corduroy quilt. The squares do not have to be the same size necessarily, but having the squares be larger with variations within that large size would add some interest.
- 5). Try laying the squares down on the background in a random fashion and sewing them on using a zig-zag stitch. It is up to you whether you wish to have the background of the corduroy showing all the way around the squares, or whether you wish to have the squares continue to the very edge of the quilt.
- 6). Lay the batting over the back of the background, with the backing on top of the batting, and fold the edges of the background over to make the binding. Sew these all together and finish your quilt.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Non-profit raising event are volunteers
- SEO Services - Door Of Success
- The Way Satellite Internet Delivers a Different System
- How to Create Themes for Outlook 2007
- How to Check an SSL Encryption
- What is a Channel Manager and Should You Get One?
- Get Effective Web Design Services in Milwaukee WI
- Do you know how to work with hidden Wi-Fi networks in Windows?
- Financial Studies Delhi. Unemployed Student Loan Offers A Big Financial Help For Higher Studies
- Is There Any Way to Find Out If Someone Is Checking Your Facebook?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us