While there are a variety of factors that contribute to online success, no one can dispute the effectiveness of the following proven tips:
6. You must educate yourself. Do you know why most people go online? Believe it or not, most people go online not to buy anything, but rather to search for information to solve a problem they have. So why is knowing this information so important? Because if you understand and realize that the internet is driven by information seekers first and foremost, you can better harness its unlimited power and money-making potential. How?
You can become an information provider yourself, and provide people with the valuable, useful information they're seeking, in the form of articles like this one, e-books, reports, videos, teleconferences, etc. Do you see how having a little knowledge can work to your advantage?
Educate yourself on how the internet works. If you're truly serious about making money online, in addition to reading articles like this one, read as many quality, online publications as you possibly can. A few of my favorites include SitePro News, ClickZ Newsletter and MarketingProfs Newsletter. Learn as much as you can about sales and marketing. It can make all the difference in the world to your bottom line.
7. Take the path of least resistance. Let me ask you a question. If you've been a janitor all your life, what makes you think that you can suddenly wake up one day and make money online marketing pet supplies? Why not take the path of least resistence, and market products and services you have intimate knowledge of? The quickest and easiest way to make money online is to take the knowledge and life experience you already have and build a business around it.
You'd have a much greater chance at success if you took your janitorial experience and wrote an e-book or created a video about how to start and operate a janitorial service. We all have something that we're good at and knowledgeable about. The key is being able to take that knowledge and convert it into a successful money-making enterprise.
8. Promote, promote, promote. You can have the greatest product or service in the world, but if no one knows about it, well, then it's not going to do you much good. That's why you must constantly promote the daylights out of your product or service. Whether it's pay-per-click advertising, article marketing, press releases, ezine advertising, whatever. Consistent promotion is the key to making money online. Remember, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil!"
9. You must be consistent. In order for your car to perform at peak efficiency, there are certain routine steps you must do consistently. This includes changing your oil and filters, checking your belts and fluid levels, checking your tire pressure, keeping your engine tuned, and of course putting gas in the tank. Well, if you want to make money online you must also perform certain routine steps consistently. That means you have to follow the ten tips in this article religiously. You can't just follow some of the tips some of the time. That's not going to cut it. In order for the tips to be effective, you must follow all of the tips all of the time. You must be consistent!
10. Don't give up too soon. Author Norman Vincent Peale famously said: "it's always too soon to quit." But yet, that's what many people do. They quit way too soon. Don't be one of those people who look back on life with regret because they quit too soon. Give success everything you've got. Give it your best shot. You're worth it. Despite any obstacles you might encounter, hang in there when the going gets tough. Remember, "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Don't ever give up!