If you are on a short visit to Bangalore, then I am sure your calendar and schedule is packed with too many things. To make the maximum use of the available short period, you should understand what you would be doing and what all can be done in a better and efficient way. For this, the place you choose to stay plays an important role.
To start with, a typical short visit to Bangalore will start with your arrival, visiting various places of interest, shopping, seeing the city and enjoying the evening and night life. A little hectic schedule indeed, but worthwhile.
First make sure the place you are planning to stay meet the following criteria.
- It is economical – No fancy rates or expensive hotels. Save that money and enjoy your shopping and stay in a better way!
- It is clean and nice place – Just because I said economical, do not think it will be a dingy place. Find some place which is clean, functional, pleasant to stay
- Centrally Located – The biggest advantage of staying in centrally located place is that it can give you easy access to city centres and a great chance of enjoying the evening and night life. A terrific evening in Bangalore is just a walk down the road! Or enjoy a grand dinner at an exotic restaurant and walk back to your room, enjoying the night!
- Shopping – The last thing you would want is to hop from one shopping spot to another when you don't have time. So stay in a centrally located place which is close to main shopping destinations in Bangalore like MG Road, Brigade Road, Commercial Street, Indiranagar etc
- Peaceful – Centrally located places comes with standard noise from the nearby roads, right? Wrong. You can find some of the finest accommodations in Bangalore in central locations, yet quiet and peaceful green neighbourhood. Sleep well after your hectic day.
- Choose a place which has senior management or owners close by – The advantage of having the owners or management near the property is that in case you want something which is not standard, a decision could be taken immediately by them. Also their presence assures a better supervision, service and guarantees a well maintained place.
- Complimentary services – Look for pickup and drop facility, complimentary breakfast, lunch & dinner, laundry, internet etc. Some good brands in Bangalore guest house industry provide these free of cost. It can save a lot of money for you and make your stay a pleasant one.
- Space to relax – The real luxury will be a garden or a pool where you can spend a quiet and lazy evening.
- Credibility – Last but not the least, check for the credibility of the place. Do a search online using google or yahoo. Check leading travel websites and portals to see if the place is recommended. Read reviews about it.