- 1). Click on the "Start" menu at the bottom left corner of the screen. Select the "Accessories" folder from the "All Programs" category. Click on the "System Tools" folder. Select the "Task Scheduler" option.
- 2). Click "OK" when Vista's User Account Control prompts you to confirm that you wish to continue.
- 3). Identify the "Actions" pane on the right side of the Task Scheduler window. Click on "Create Task." A separate window entitled "Create Task" will appear.
- 4). Type "Alarm" into the "Name" field within the "General" tab.
- 5). Select the "Triggers" tab. Click on the "New" button at the bottom left corner of the window. A separate window called "New Trigger" will appear. Use the "Recur every:" field to indicate when the alarm should recur.
- 6). Select the desired frequency (one time, daily, weekly, monthly) from the "Settings" category at the top of the "New Trigger" window. Enter the desired start date and time into the relevant fields.
- 7). Identify the "Advanced Settings" category at the bottom half of the "New Trigger" window. Check the "Repeat task every:" option. Use the adjacent dropdown menu to indicate when you would like for the task to repeat. Click "OK."
- 8). Click on the "Actions" tab. Click on the "New" button at the left bottom corner of the window.
- 9). Click on the "Browse" button, which will allow you to select an audio file from your computer's library to use as the sound for the alarm. Click "OK." You will be routed back to the "Create Task" window. Click "OK."
Return to the "Task Scheduler" window. A successfully created alarm will be visible in the "Task Scheduler Library" folder, which is located in the pane on the left side of the window.
Turn on your computer's speakers so that you can hear the alarm when it sounds.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us