- 1). Dab dry paper towels on the urine to catch as much as possible before it is absorbed into the carpet. Do not rub the paper as it damages the carpet fibers and spreads the stain farther, but simply blot the spot and use another towel when the first one becomes wet. Start from the outer edges of the urine ring and move your way inward.
- 2). Rinse the area to dilute the urine and blot the stain with paper towels until they are dry to the touch.
- 3). Mix 1 cup of vinegar or ammonia to 2 cups of water and pour the mixture in a spray bottle. This mixture neutralizes the urine so it does not leave a stain on the carpet.
- 4). Position the flow of spray from the nozzle directly over the urine stain on the carpet. Begin spraying the stain, working toward an even and thorough coverage. Blot the spot with paper towels until they come out clean, with no tinge of the yellow urine.
- 5). Mix 2 to 3 tbsp. of bleach-free dish washing liquid to 2 cups of clean, warm water. Pour the mixture in a spray bottle. This mixture cleans out traces of urine stain still left on the carpet.
- 6). Spray the solution on the stain. Douse the stain with it so the enzymes in the soap also reach the lower ends of the carpet fibers.
- 7). Blot the soapy mixture with a clean towel to absorb the urine and soap. Do not rub the stain but simply dab it.
- 8). Pour 1 cup of warm water over the stain to remove excess soap. Dab the spot with a towel to soak up the water. Repeat this process as many times as needed until no suds remain on the carpet. Leave the carpet to dry thoroughly.
- 9). Sprinkle baking powder on the carpet once it is completely dry. Leave the powder for 20 minutes before vacuuming it away. The powder removes urine odor.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Video Business Marketing is For Every Business
- Authorized Mass Email
- Cost Efficiency: One of Many Benefits You Can Receive From Outsourced Telemarketing
- Lead Generation Marketing - Awkward Questions the Gurus Don"t Want to Answer
- Make Money Online with Affiliate Marketing Programs
- Make Fast Money Online With Internet Marketing Videos
- Passion as a Sales Tool
- Cell Phone Cash Reviewed
- Website Whys - Why Bother With A Website?
- Internet Marketing - Five Reasons That Will Make You Fail
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us