- 1). Research laws in your area to ensure that riding in the back of a truck is legal. Ask a lawyer or police officer or check an online source such as Find Law. Check the resources section below for a link to Find Law.
- 2). Open the tailgate of the truck and step onto the bed. Close the tailgate of the truck or have a friend close it for you. Wiggle the tailgate to tests its security and ensure that it is firmly closed.
- 3). Sit on the bed of the pick up truck with your back against the rear window of the truck.
- 4). Place your forearms against the sides of the truck bed for support. Keep your hands inside the back of the truck at all times.
- 5). Have a friend turn on the car and drive carefully.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time