- 1). View the list of foreclosures in your local newspaper. Learn the owner's name and address of the property.
- 2). Call the local banks in your town. Ask for the foreclosure department. Request a list of the current foreclosures owned by the bank. Also, ask if they have a website that shows the property listings.
- 3). Contact a local real estate agent. Real estate agents have access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) that has information on cheap foreclosures listed by them or other agents. Ask the agent to give you the address of the property or print out a copy of the listing.
- 4). Find the location of the cheap foreclosed property. Visit the property to access any damages that need repairing or expenses required. Since the update and repairs are your responsibility, the cost must be added into the price of the property.
- 5). Visit the courthouse in the town where the foreclosed property is located. Request a copy of the previous mortgage lien filed on the home. This provides you with information about the foreclosed property, such as the previous appraisal amount, current owner and previous loan amount. This allows you to compare the information with the current asking price of the foreclosed property.
- 6). Ask for a list of foreclosure auctions from the courthouse. Some cheap foreclosures are bought at a real estate auction, and having a list allows you to view the property and obtain the information before the day of the auction if you are interested.
- 7). Visit the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website to view a list of foreclosures (see References). They handle government backed loans that have defaulted on and become foreclosures.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Make Diet Easy
- Magnetic Acupuncture And Weight Loss
- Bad moods short temper stress anxious get over your mood swings be nice be happy
- When Can I Expect to Lose Weight by Working Out?
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- Great Leaders Don"t Need To Enjoy Training, Just To Benefit From It
- How To Overcome All Blocks To Personal and Spiritual Achievement
- Inside The Head of a Successful Dieter
- The Epidemic Of Adult Obesity
- Getting Past The Average Line, One Way Or Another
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us