- 1). Check the soil temperature of the area where you plan on planting your corn by inserting a thermometer that has a metal probe into the soil. Plan on planting your corn when the soil maintains a temperature of at least 50 degrees F.
- 2). Plant your seeds. Place corn seeds 4 inches apart. Planting depth should be around 1 inch. If planting in rows, separate each row by about 30 inches.
- 3). Moisten the soil. Provide continually moist, but not soggy, soil until germination occurs. Depending on the soil temperature, germination may occur as soon as 2 to 3 days after planting or it may take up to a few weeks.
- 4). Thin your corn seedlings to 1 plant every 12 inches once the corn plants are a few inches tall.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us