- 1). Check the soil temperature of the area where you plan on planting your corn by inserting a thermometer that has a metal probe into the soil. Plan on planting your corn when the soil maintains a temperature of at least 50 degrees F.
- 2). Plant your seeds. Place corn seeds 4 inches apart. Planting depth should be around 1 inch. If planting in rows, separate each row by about 30 inches.
- 3). Moisten the soil. Provide continually moist, but not soggy, soil until germination occurs. Depending on the soil temperature, germination may occur as soon as 2 to 3 days after planting or it may take up to a few weeks.
- 4). Thin your corn seedlings to 1 plant every 12 inches once the corn plants are a few inches tall.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us