- 1). Check the soil temperature of the area where you plan on planting your corn by inserting a thermometer that has a metal probe into the soil. Plan on planting your corn when the soil maintains a temperature of at least 50 degrees F.
- 2). Plant your seeds. Place corn seeds 4 inches apart. Planting depth should be around 1 inch. If planting in rows, separate each row by about 30 inches.
- 3). Moisten the soil. Provide continually moist, but not soggy, soil until germination occurs. Depending on the soil temperature, germination may occur as soon as 2 to 3 days after planting or it may take up to a few weeks.
- 4). Thin your corn seedlings to 1 plant every 12 inches once the corn plants are a few inches tall.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us