- 1). Use iDisplay to use your iPod Touch as an external monitor. iDisplay is available in the iTune’s App Store as a universal download for both your iPod/iPhone and iPad. A small extension is then installed on the computer you wish to extend. The two devices must be on the same network. The benefit of the iDisplay is low price tag for both an iPod and iPad application, though it is still in the early stages (as of June 2010) and may be a bit buggy or crash-prone.
- 2). Use Screen Recycler to turn your iPod into a second monitor. Screen Recycler is different from iDisplay in that it uses virtual network computing to control the iPod. Virtual network computing is a way of controlling a remote computer via another computer. With Screen Recycler, there is no dedicated iPod application - you can choose from the myriad of VNC apps available (both free and paid). You must purchase the full desktop application though, which is a bit more expensive than iDisplay at $30 (as of June 2010).
- 3). Use AirDisplay to turn your iPod into an extra monitor. AirDisplay is billed as iPad application, but is in fact a universal application (iPad and iPod/iPhone). AirDisplay works similar to iDisplay, in that you purchase the application via the App Store and then install a small extension on the computer, which will detect the application when running on the same network. Unlike the other options, AirDisplay is currently only available for the Mac OS X system -- though a Windows version is in the works. It is also priced slightly higher than iDisplay.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Are You A Fashion Manic? Try Costume Jewelry
- Melbourne Theatre Nurse Jobs To Help Out In The Surgery
- More Targeted Website Traffic - The Easy Way to Get Visitors to Your Site on Autopilot Right Now
- Fergie in Ray Ban Sunglasses
- Job on Ship a Whole New Glittering Career
- Jeff Adams As How He Establishes Helpful Investments
- Insure Your Property
- Gurgaon, a Job-Seekers Destination!
- The Glitz Of Glendale, Ca
- Make Money With Website Affiliate Programs
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us