Pros of Android App Development:
1. Easy Programming Language - Android developers need to learn the very common programming language of Java to build effective & successful mobile apps. This is the reason why most app developers worldwide want to work on the Android platform, since app building is easy here.
2. Open Development Platform - Since Android is an open application development platform, every software designer has the liberty to use multiple third party tools for ease of the development process. Several features of these tools can be used by the developers in order to add to the functionality of all Android mobile applications. This is the reason why an increasing number of mobile devices today are allowing the installation of Android apps.
3. Versatile Operating System - The versatility of the Android platform helps app designers to build dynamic mobile applications that serve multiple purposes after being installed in the device. The versatile nature of the Android platform also helps developers to learn more from the designing process.
4. Excellent Testing Environment - Android OS has one of the best app testing environments when compared to rival major operating systems. The testing tools available under this platform are neatly indexed. The Android IDE offers best quality model of source codes. These features allow app developers to test applications thoroughly & debug completely, thus helping in releasing error free mobile apps.
Cons of Android App Development:
1. Bad Arrangement Life - Even the best Android accessories show poor arrangement activity. For instance, there have been complaints of Android smartphones dying bottomward aural after a day of complete usage.
2. Confusing Multitasking Features - Though dynamic apps can be created on the Android OS platform, an amateur developer finds it difficult to learn & understand the versatile features of the operating system in order to be able to use the effectively for the development process.
3. Presence of Abortive Apps - The Android Market provides a user access to an all encompassing arrangement of mobile apps. This means that the features of Android apps are very resourceful. However, most of these apps are crapware (also known as abortive apps), since Google does not review the mobile applications before they are released in the mobile market.
4. Hardware Limitations - Though the Android apps come with multiple features, they are not effectively utilized as the mobile devices in which they are installed do not support many features. It is mostly the hardware limitations of Android smartphones, like failure to restart itself & add memory space, that result in incomplete app feature utilization.
The Android OS platform is indeed more convenient to use when compared with other major operating systems. It is upon the app designers to exploit the benefits of the Android application development platform so that the demerits of these apps may be reduced.