- 1). Brush the hair back into a ponytail at the nape of the neck or higher, as desired. Secure it in place with a fabric scrunchy that coordinates with your clothing. As an alternative option, use a synthetic hair scrunchy that matches your hair color for a more polished look.
- 2). Pull the hair tightly, combing it to the back or top of the head. Secure it with a pre-styled bun hair scrunchy for a sophisticated nighttime look or highly professional daytime do. For an old-fashioned Gibson Girl look, use a bun scrunchy that has loose curls or ringlets.
- 3). Pull the hair to one side of the head for a casual yet sophisticated twist on the standard ponytail. Secure it in place with a fanciful fabric scrunchy made of silk, satin, or lace for a lovely nighttime do.
- 4). Braid the hair down the back or over to one side of the head. Secure it place with a fabric, jeweled, or beaded scrunchy that fits tightly in place to keep your hair from working itself free of the braid.
- 5). Divide the hair into two equal parts from the top of the head to the nape of the neck. Decide whether to wear it in an old-fashioned "dog ear" or to braid it into pigtails. Whichever method chosen, secure the hair in place by adding matching scrunchies---at the top for dog ears or at the bottom for pigtails..
- 6). Pull the top and side portions of the hair together in a short ponytail at the crown of the head. Let the remainder of the the hair swing free. Secure the ponytail in place with a hair scrunchy to add volume or choose another type of scrunchy for fun and flair.
- 7). Pull the top and side portions of the hair together into a ponytail and secure it with a scrunchy. Next pull about one-third to one-half of the back hair together with the first ponytail and secure the whole thing with another scrunchy. Continue the process until all of the hair is caught and lies flat against the back of the head.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time