Rename the Normal.dot Global Template
- 1). Ensure that all Microsoft Office programs are closed.
- 2). Click "Start" and "Search for files or folders". This will open a search window.
- 3). Search your hard drive for a file named "Normal.dot". This file contains the global default settings for your Word program. It will be contained in the folder on your hard drive in which you installed Microsoft Word 2007.
- 4). Right-click on the Normal.dot file and select "Rename". Change the file name to any other name to backup the current Word program settings. If you ever want to revert to these settings, you can rename this file back to "Normal.dot".
- 5). Close the search window.
Delete Word 2007 Registry Key
- 1). Click "Start" and "Run".
- 2). Type "regedit" in the run box and click "OK". This will open the Windows registry editor.
- 3). Search the Windows registry for this key:
- 4). Press the "Delete" key. When the registry editor program asks if you really want to delete the registry key, click on "Yes".
- 5). Close the registry editor and start Word 2007. The program will be reset to its default settings.