- 1). Check your Samsung LCD television for compatibility. Examine the inputs and connection ports. To use you television as a PC monitor it must have one of the following: a 15-pin VGA, DVI or HDMI port. If you are in the market for a Samsung LCD TV that you plan to use as a monitor, check the TV for the correct inputs and ports before you buy.
- 2). Examine the ports on your PC's video card. While newer video cards will give the option of connecting a monitor via a DVI or HDMI input, some video cards may support VGA and DVI or just VGA. Depending on the type of video card you have, you may want to upgrade to a newer video card or use a video cable converter -- DVI-to-HDMI or HDMI-to-DVI.
- 3). Connect the LCD TV to the video card on your PC via one of the input ports. If you're using an HDMI port, you will need an HDMI cable, or a DVI cable for a DVI port and a VGA cable for VGA ports.
- 4). Turn on your PC and run the installation CD provided by your Samsung TV to install the drivers. Installing the CD will allow you to utilize the full potential of your Samsung TV as well as guide you through the settings and setup options.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- The Best Bike From the Years: Bajaj Pulsar
- DIY Exhaust Manifold Replacement
- Myth Busters - Is it Possible to Run a Car on Water?
- Waterless Car Wash Is The Reason Behind That Shine
- Trouble With Jeep Tail Lights
- The All New 2010 Audi A5 Lease - May Be One Of The Best Rides This Year
- What"s The Best Tarp For Me?
- How to Install the 1997 Volvo 850 Oxygen Sensor
- Locked Out Drivers May Come Under Financial Pressure
- 1999 Chevy Silverado Specs
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us