Stay N Play-Paws Pet Resorts (San Clemente and Lake Forest)
- Paws Pet Resorts is a hotel for pets to stay when families go away. They do, however, offer training classes for dogs. They offer a six- to eight-week course that teaches the puppy and the owner about obedience. They specialize in teaching you how to handle, nurture and communicate with your puppy. They also show you how to teach your dog housebreaking rules and how to manage jumping, biting and chewing. They offer two classes: Family Dog I and Family Dog II. The first class is more basic. For puppies who have passed the first class, they offer the second, more advanced class. Paws Training Center also offers private classes.
Solutions! Pet Services (Service to most cities in Southern California)
- Solutions! Pet Services offers training for puppies and adult dogs. The training is done in group classes. The teacher provides a positive reinforcement learning-based teaching method. This method utilizes rewards to encourage good behavior and limits the use of punishment.
Dog training in Southern California (Service to most cities in Southern California)
- This training school offers a wide variety of classes for dogs. They provide a standard eight-week class with the owner that teaches you how to manage your dog. They offer in-home private training that allows you to learn at your own pace. They even offer a boarding school if you are too busy to spend time training your dog or puppy. They also offer classes for the highly athletic dog, such as Frisbee (which will teach you about Frisbee play with your dog) and flyball classes.
Muddy Paws Dog Training (Los Angeles)
- Muddy Paws Dog Training offers both group classes and private lessons for you and your dog. Muddy Paws training allows you to feel confident about managing your dog's behavior and for the dog to understand what is expected of him. They also encourage children to attend classes with parents, so the children have the same confidence when caring for their dogs. They offer free returning classes, thoughout the dog's life, after the dog graduates to ensure the best results.
Dog Remedy (Beverly Hills and Los Angeles)
- Trainers use a gentle dog training method at Dog Remedy. They do not use rewards like food or treats. They do not use punishment methods like choking, pinching or electric collars. They also do not use clickers. Their aim is to focus on the whole dog and his environment, not solely on his mind, as most approaches do. They use hand signals, voice command and behavioral therapy. Their philosophy is that dogs are easy to train once the owner understands how the dog views and responds to his environment. Dog Remedy offers only private training because each dog is unique and requires his own approach.