How to Attend a MADD Meeting
- 1). Examine the documents you received from the court or your probation officer to learn the time and place of the MADD VIP meeting. In some cases you can choose which meeting you will attend, as long as it meets the time frame of your court order. Some counties have monthly meetings, others only a few times a year.
- 2). Find a meeting time and location. You can do this by contacting your probation officer, calling MADD at 877-ASK-MADD or going to the organization's website and searching for VIP meetings in your area.
- 3). Gather the documents required for you to attend the MADD VIP meeting. In most cases, this includes the court order for you to attend the meeting and a photo ID.
- 4). Obtain a money order or certified check for the amount required for that meeting. Some MADD VIP meetings accept only money orders. The admission fee varies widely by county or state -- some are as low as $10, others may be $75 or higher.
- 5). Arrive at the meeting at least 45 minutes early to ensure that you get a seat. The MADD website explains that the doors are closed promptly when the meeting begins, and no one is admitted after that time.
- 6). Be prepared to take a Breathalyzer test. At some MADD VIP meetings, attendees are required to submit to a Breathalyzer test before they can get in.
- 7). Avoid using any electronic devices, sleeping, reading, eating or talking during the meeting. Doing any of these may cause you to be removed from the meeting.
- 8). Get a receipt when the meeting is over to prove that you attended. Give the receipt to the court or your probation officer.