- 1). Disconnect the power cable from your DSL or cable modem.
- 2). Plug the Ethernet cable into the port on the back of your DSL or cable modem. Plug the opposite end in the "Internet" or "WAN" port on the back of your Linksys router.
- 3). Plug in the modem's power cord into an electrical outlet. Wait for the modem to reestablish an Internet connection. The connection status is generally displayed using an LED labeled "Connection."
- 4). Plug in the router's power cord into an electrical outlet. Wait for the router to connect to the modem. The "Internet" light on the front of the modem lights up when connected.
- 5). Plug a second Ethernet cable into one of the numbered ports on the back of the router. Attach the other end to your computer.
- 6). Open your default Internet browser. Enter "192.168.1.1" as the address to open the Linksys Router Setup.
- 7). Type "admin" in the password field and press "Enter."
- 8). Click the "Wireless" menu. Locate the "SSID" field and enter a name for your router. A unique name allows you to easily identify your router when connecting a wireless device.
- 9). Click "Save Settings" to apply the settings.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Data Structures Assignment Help services for students
- How to Find The Right School for Your Child
- Alcatraz Island
- Find it! - Finden Sie es!
- A Proposal For The Calculation Of Wear
- Customer Care Training Courses
- Know Thy Enemy: A Guide to Successful AP English Literature Test Preparation
- Mother's Day Writing Activities for Kindergarten Students
- Colleges Near Westland, Michigan
- How to Teach Grammar to Adults
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us