- 1). Select a flat area about 6 feet long and 5 feet wide in which to build your arbor. Choose a sunny, dry area if you plan to grow flowers atop your arbor.
- 2). Measure the perimeter. Drop garden rocks to mark the boundary on all four sides. Place larger rocks at the corner spots where you will install arbor posts.
- 3). Dig corner post holes at least 36 inches deep. Work on one post hole at a time. Lay about 10 inches of pea gravel into the hole.
- 4). Mix quick-setting concrete as directed by manufacturer. Install each post into the concrete. Brace the post until the concrete has set. When the first post is in place, mix the concrete footing for the second post. Repeat until all four corner posts are in place.
- 5). Nail two support beams along the outside of the arbor framework to connect the posts lengthwise. Each board should be 6 feet long and 4 inches wide. Use 4 nails to secure each end to a post.
- 6). Roll a length of chicken wire 6 feet long and 5 feet wide over the top of the arbor. Secure each corner of the chicken wire to the corner posts with industrial staples.
- 7). Stretch a length of chicken wire 6 feet long and about 2 feet wide lengthwise between the corner posts on both arbor sides. Secure the wire so that the bottom is about 3 feet off the ground.
- 8). Staple the ends of the chicken wire to the corner posts with industrial staples. Train your plants to climb the wire as they grow.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Preventing Plastic Surgery Risks & Complications
- Suggestions For Wine Lovers
- Remedial Orthopedic Surgeries Abroad
- Walk A Mile With A Stone In Your Shoe
- New Year"s Resolutions - Done With Them
- How to Not Be Sore the Next Day
- What Is The Best Cream for Cellulite?
- How Leadership Skills Can Overcome Shyness and Improve College Success
- How to Freeze Bread & Butter Pudding
- 7 Weight Loss Teas
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us