- 1). Contact your city or county's sanitation department. The sanitation department handles both the garbage and recycling divisions. Many sanitation departments provide a location where you can bring your unwanted venetian blinds for recycling. A simple search using your favorite search engine will yield the telephone number and website of your local sanitation department.
- 2). Donate your blinds to a charity such as Habitat for Humanity. Habitat for Humanity will restore and install your old venetian blinds in a home for a needy family. In many cases, you can even receive a tax credit for your donation. To locate your local Habitat for Humanity chapter, visit the Habitat for Humanity local affiliate website (see Resources).
- 3). Place a classified advertisement on a free Internet message board offering the blinds for free. There are many individuals and businesses that would gladly take your used blinds and put them to good use. Websites allowing you to post a free classified ad include Craigslist, Yahoo Classifieds, Myspace Classifieds, Oodle, and Adpost.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Car Accidents With Commercial Vehicles Are Complex
- Florida DUI Laws
- Sports Injury Claims, What You Need To Know
- Ethical Dilemmas of the Neglect of Vulnerable Adults
- Early Warning System Needed for Defective Medical Devices such as Recalled DePuy Hip Replacements
- Work Related Injuries Lawyers Are Experts in Their Field
- What Are the Four Pillars of Law?
- Dealing With UK Water Rates Debts: What You Need To Know
- Compensation for Offshore Injuries
- Factory Dealership Warranty Rights
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us