- 1). Contact your city or county's sanitation department. The sanitation department handles both the garbage and recycling divisions. Many sanitation departments provide a location where you can bring your unwanted venetian blinds for recycling. A simple search using your favorite search engine will yield the telephone number and website of your local sanitation department.
- 2). Donate your blinds to a charity such as Habitat for Humanity. Habitat for Humanity will restore and install your old venetian blinds in a home for a needy family. In many cases, you can even receive a tax credit for your donation. To locate your local Habitat for Humanity chapter, visit the Habitat for Humanity local affiliate website (see Resources).
- 3). Place a classified advertisement on a free Internet message board offering the blinds for free. There are many individuals and businesses that would gladly take your used blinds and put them to good use. Websites allowing you to post a free classified ad include Craigslist, Yahoo Classifieds, Myspace Classifieds, Oodle, and Adpost.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us