- 1). Place the bushing retainer and washer on the piston of the new shock. Place the bushing on the piston after the washer and the retainer. Some shocks will come with the bushings already installed.
- 2). Insert the rod part of the shock into the mounting bracket. You may need assistance if you must access the assembly through the trunk.
- 3). Place the bolt through the bushing and the retainer. Tighten the nut with a socket wrench. This will secure the top half of the shock to the mounting bracket.
- 4). Tighten the bottom of the shock to the mounting bracket on the bottom end of the shock. Use the socket wrench to tighten the bolt snug.
- 5). Repeat this procedure for the other side of the vehicle.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time