And still no one denies that fact that "breakfast" is the most important meal of the day.
Why such a hullabaloo about this early morning meal? Well, for starters, this meal comes after a break of 8 - 10 hours; hence your blood sugar level will be low.
Since your body has gone with out food for such a long time, it needs nourishment to kick-start its day.
Therefore "breakfast" is considered to be an important and essential meal of the day.
Breakfast benefits both, young and old.
It is the key to jump start your muscles and your day.
People who eat breakfast (healthy) daily are more likely to
- Consume more vitamins, minerals and less of fat and cholesterol.
- Increased strength and endurance.
- Better concentration and productivity all day long.
- Control over weight - Low cholesterol = no risk or little risk of heart disease Children who eat breakfast are likely to have better concentration, problem-solving skills and eye-hand coordination.
They will be alert, creative, and less likely to miss days of school.
If you think skipping this meal, will help you lose weight, think again.
By passing over this meal, your body will go in the starvation mode and make you crave for snacks especially sweets.
Impulsive snacking on unhealthy foods can lead to weight gain.
So you motive of losing weight by skipping breakfast stays unachieved.
Try to choose healthy foods from at least two food groups each morning
- Fruits & Vegetables - Grains - Dairy - Proteins A glass of pure fruit juice, bananas, yoghurt, low-calorie muesli with semi skimmed or skimmed milk, fresh fruit salad with few spoonfuls of low fat yoghurt, fresh and raw veggies mixed with flavoured yoghurt, a slice of toast or plain bread with eggs, boiled or poached are some of the options for breakfast.
Kids can enjoy a Smoothie with their favourite fruits; add dash of yoghurt or honey to make it more delicious.
If you look forward to eating different kinds of healthy foods for breakfast, you are less like to skip this meal.
If time is your hurdle, think about packing your breakfast or eating on the 'run', its better than skipping it altogether.