- 1). Insert the "Operating System" CD into the disc drive. Restart the Dell XPS M1330, then press "F12" when the boot screen appears.
- 2). Use the arrow pad to select the option "CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive" from the boot menu, then press "Enter" to boot to the CD.
- 3). Press "Enter" again when the message "Press Any Key to Boot from CD" appears onscreen. Select the language, regional and keyboard preferences from the drop-down menus, then click "Next."
- 4). Click "Repair Your Computer," then click "Load Drivers." Select the operating system, then click "Next." Select "Command Prompt" from "System Recovery Options."
- 5). Input "vol c:" into the Command Prompt. The message "Volume in Drive C is <X>," with "<X>" representing the volume label, will appear. Write down the volume label.
- 6). Input "format c: /fs:NTFS /p:1" into the command-line prompt, then press "Enter." Input the volume label if prompted, then press "Enter."
- 7). Press "Y" when the message "Proceed with Format (Y/N)?" appears. Command Prompt will format the XPS M1330. This process can take several hours.
- 8). Press "Enter" when prompted to input a volume label. Type "exit" into Command Prompt, and press "Enter." Click "Shut Down" to turn off the computer.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Plumbing 101 - Do-It-Yourself Fixes for Clogs in The Bathroom
- How to Encourage Blooming of Nikko Hydrangea for Next Year
- Dracaena Cincta Propagation
- Laundry Bin - How To Choose The Best Option For A Family
- How to Decorate a Wood Paneled Wall With a Fireplace
- Several Places You Can Use Decorative Mouldings
- Rose Plant Problems
- Video: How to Decorate a Table With Repurposed Items
- Florida Flame Maple Tree Care Tips
- How To Keep Your Home Looking Fresh
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us