- 1). Tear a small piece of duct tape off the roll large enough that it fits your hand. Wrap the tape around your hand with the sticky side facing out and gently dab around the window frame, picking up the broken glass. Carefully unpeel the tape and throw away.
- 2). Clean the hole in the glass with a small amount of soap and water, wiping off any glass chips still left in or near the hole. Wipe the glass down with a lint-free cloth, making sure the surface is completely dry and free of debris.
- 3). Run a piece of fine-grit sandpaper over the surface of the hole. Depending on the cause of the hole, the surface might feel smooth. A rough surface is better for adhering the nail polish to the glass in the window.
- 4). Shake the nail polish bottle several times or roll between your hands, warming up the polish, which makes it glide on smoothly. Paint a thin layer of nail polish onto the hole in the glass and let dry. Add additional layers of nail polish until the clear polish meets the surrounding glass.
- 5). Wipe the repaired area with a piece of fine-grit sandpaper, smoothing out any rough spots and making the repair blend with the surrounding window. Depending on how evenly you applied the nail polish, you may not need this step.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us