The major responsibilities of Landlord Houses for Rent are:
1. It is a law to deposit the money in a government permitted protection scheme.
2. Electrical appliances should be checked cautiously at regular intervals.
3. A tenant must be provided with an Energy Performance Certificate as its a legal requirement everywhere.
4. It should be ensured that all types of sanitary fittings are in perfect working condition and this incorporates things such as geysers, other heating or hot water systems etc.
5. All kinds of furniture provided to the tenant by the landlord must meet the terms of the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) regulations of 1993. It comprises of stuff such as mattresses, throws, beds, cushions as well as garden furniture. Upholstered furniture must be packed with fire resistant material in order to prevent any kind of dangerous situation. It is extremely important especially when you have children at home.
6. An inspection by a veteran and registered Gas Safe engineer at the end of each year is very crucial if you want to keep your gas appliances and concomitant pipe works and vents in good condition.
7. Your property should always be apt for human habitation.
8. In the context of Houses of Multiple Occupancy (HMO), the one in absolute charge of all the common areas is always the landlord himself.
9. The tenant should always have his/her landlords name, address and telephone number in hand, even if it is run and controlled by a different agent altogether.
Thus, before you rent or Sell House in Bradford, do keep in mind the above points before signing any legal documents.