- 1). Blot up spills from the granite immediately with a sponge. Avoid wiping the spill, as that spreads the liquid and could possibly stain the surface.
- 2). Wipe the granite with hot water and a sponge daily. This keeps the kitchen benchtop free of dirt and debris, which could scratch or stain the granite. Make sure that the sponge is free of dishwashing liquid, as soap can dull the look of granite over time.
- 3). Use a stone cleaner once a week to keep the granite clean. Apply the cleaner with a white, soft cloth and rinse with hot water. Dry the kitchen benchtop with a soft towel.
- 4). Polish the granite every three months to maintain its shine. Apply the granite polish to your kitchen benchtop and buff it with a white, soft cloth until you achieve a shiny surface.
- 5). Seal the granite once a year. Apply the sealer to the granite with a clean, white cloth, making sure that the coating is uniform all over the benchtop. Wait approximately two hours, and then apply a second coat of sealer. Allow the benchtop to dry before using it.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us