- 1). Turn off the engine and place the transmission in park or first gear for a manual transmission. Apply the emergency brake and open the hood. Disconnect the negative battery terminal using the battery terminal wrench.
- 2). Raise the vehicle using the jack and support it with jack stands. Place wheel chocks behind the rear wheels.
- 3). Place a plastic bucket underneath the oil pan. Remove the oil drain plug using the 3/8-inch ratchet and allow the oil to drain out.
- 4). Clean off the oil drain plug with a clean shop towel and replace it with the 3/8-inch ratchet. Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench. Lubricate the rubber gasket on the new oil filter with clean engine oil. Install the new oil filter until it is hand-tight.
- 5). Pour 4.5 quarts of engine oil into the engine. Check the oil level on the dipstick. Reconnect the negative battery terminal using the battery terminal wrench.
- 6). Lower the car with the automotive jack and start the engine. Check for any oil leaks.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time