- 1). Measure your neck, bust, hips, waist and height from your shoulder to your waist and from your waist to your ankle. Also measure the length and width of your arm.
- 2). Cut out one piece of fabric that measures your waist to ankle height plus two inches by the width of your hips plus 6 inches for the skirt. Fold the skirt in half lengthwise, right sides together. Sew the long edge of the skirt, leaving a 1/2-inch seam.
- 3). Draw a rectangle on the fabric for the bodice. The width of it should be half your bust measurement plus 1 inch and the length should be your shoulder to waist height plus 1 inch. Draw a semi-circle that measures half your neck circumference in the center of the top of the rectangle. Draw two arm holes on the sides of the rectangle that measure half the circumference of your arm. Cut out the rectangle.
- 4). Fold the bodice in half, matching the two arm holes. Pin to the fabric and cut out two more pieces for the back bodice.
- 5). Place one back bodice piece on top of the front bodice piece, with the right sides together. Sew along the side and top shoulder with a 1/2-inch seam, leaving the arm and neck holes open. Repeat with the other back bodice piece. Turn the bodice right side out.
- 6). Fold the open sides of each back bodice piece over 1/2-inch and sew in place. Pin one side of the zipper to one side of back bodice. Sew using the zipper foot on your machine. Repeat on the other side.
- 7). Cut out two sleeves that measure the circumference of your arm plus 1 inch by the length of your arm plus 2 inches. Fold each sleeve in half lengthwise with wrong sides out. Pin along each of the long sides and then sew with a 1/2-inch seam.
- 8). Adjust the stitch length on your sewing machine to 1/4 inch or so. Sew two rows of stitching around the top edge of each sleeve. Leave a tail of thread at each end so you can pull it to gather the fabric. Also sew two rows of stitching along the waist of the skirt, leaving thread tails on each side. Adjust your machine's stitch length back to normal.
- 9). Align one armhole with the top edge of one sleeve. Pull the threads to gather the sleeve so that it fits in the arm hole. Pin in place and stitch together. Repeat with the other sleeve. Fold the bottom edge of each sleeve over 1/2 inch and pin. Stitch along the edge to create a cuff on each sleeve.
Turn the bodice upside down and align the bottom of the bodice with the waist of the skirt.. Adjust the gathers along the skirt waist and pin to the bodice. Sew with a 1/2-inch seam, then unfold and press.
Turn the bodice upside down and align the bottom of the bodice with the waist of the skirt. Adjust the gathers along the skirt waist and pin to the bodice. Sew with a 1/2-inch seam, then unfold and press.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us