- 1). Drip half of your brush into the adhesive, known as size.
- 2). Apply a thin coat of size to the box. Spread the size evenly across the surface.
- 3). Allow the size to become tacky and sticky to the touch. The surface should become tacky in approximately 90 minutes.
- 4). Align a sheet of aluminum leaf with the bottom edge of the box.
- 5). Apply the leaf to the tacky box with your fingertips. Continue applying aluminum leaf until the box is covered.
- 6). Dip your brush fully into a small container of mineral spirits to clean the bristles. Dry the brush.
- 7). Apply a thin coat of oil-based varnish with your brush to the surface of your newly gilded box. The varnish will protect the surface from moisture and air.
- 8). Allow the box to set for 24 hours for the leafing to cure.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us