- 1). Drip half of your brush into the adhesive, known as size.
- 2). Apply a thin coat of size to the box. Spread the size evenly across the surface.
- 3). Allow the size to become tacky and sticky to the touch. The surface should become tacky in approximately 90 minutes.
- 4). Align a sheet of aluminum leaf with the bottom edge of the box.
- 5). Apply the leaf to the tacky box with your fingertips. Continue applying aluminum leaf until the box is covered.
- 6). Dip your brush fully into a small container of mineral spirits to clean the bristles. Dry the brush.
- 7). Apply a thin coat of oil-based varnish with your brush to the surface of your newly gilded box. The varnish will protect the surface from moisture and air.
- 8). Allow the box to set for 24 hours for the leafing to cure.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Make a Cardboard Cube
- Learning Styles to Be Known
- English Grammar Writing Software - Quickly Proof Read Any Text!
- Time Management Tips to Help Earn your College Degree Online
- Ways To Take Care Of Your Ice Hockey Equipment
- Holding Drum Sticks
- How to Buy Cheap Yarn
- How to Make a Candle Seesaw
- Bobbi"s trademark "boot" shot of Brad"s boot.
- Fishing Unfamiliar & Fly-in Lakes
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us