- 1). Use a siphon and an empty jug to suck out any windshield washer fluid from the reservoir and to store the fluid until the reservoir has been replaced.
- 2). Use an 8-mm box-end wrench to remove the battery terminals from the battery. Remove the positive (red cabled) terminal first, then the negative (black).
- 3). Locate and remove the battery hold-down nut from the retaining bolt using a ratchet, extension and a 13-mm socket. Remove the hold-down device and then the battery.
- 4). Locate and remove the battery tray bolts using the ratchet, extension and a socket. Remove the battery tray.
- 5). Locate and remove the upper windshield reservoir retaining bolt using the ratchet and a socket.
- 6). Move to the fender well covering the bottom of the reservoir and use a screwdriver to pry out enough wheel-well retaining plugs to access the bottom of the reservoir through the wheel-well. Four or five plugs should suffice. You do not need to remove the entire wheel-well assembly.
- 7). Locate and remove the lower windshield washer reservoir retaining bolt using the ratchet and a socket.
- 8). Unplug the wire harness connections of the rear pump (located on the back of the reservoir) and the front pump (on the front of the reservoir). If needed, use the screwdriver to unseat the locking clips of the plugs from the wire harness connections.
- 9). Locate and remove the fluid level sensor from the reservoir.
Locate and remove the front and rear hose connections from the bottom of the reservoir near each pump. These simply pull off, but do it gently. Twist them first to unseat them and then pull them off.
Remove the reservoir from the opening of the wheel-well. Remove the connected front and rear pumps and then reinstall the pumps onto the new reservoir.
Reinsert the new reservoir into place from the wheel-well and then reassemble by reversing the procedure. Fill and test the reservoir after replacing the battery to ensure it is working properly and not leaking.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time